TITLE: SAFETY MANAGER (DINUBA/TULARE) POSITION #SM3
REPORTS TO: SAFETY DIRECTOR
The safety manager is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring compliance with policies and procedures governing safe and healthy working conditions and work practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations related to safety, environmental and industrial hygiene and oversight of all interfacing activities with personnel of the various regulatory agencies. Works directly with the director of safety to accomplish objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Participate in the hiring, training and motivation of appropriate personnel to ensure the accomplishment of the safety mission of the company. Ensures that appropriate certifications are attained and maintained.
· In conjunction with unit managers and safety personnel, establishes goals and objectives in the area of safety on an annual basis. Monitors progress against goals on a continuing basis and makes appropriate changes as dictated.
· Facilitates and ensures implementation of all safety training in all departments.
· Oversees and coordinates all safety monitoring processes in all areas, such as noise and dust.
· Ensures that all safety professionals remain current on the latest research in the field.
· Ensures that all required record-keeping is current. Makes periodic reports to the director of safety, and facility management on current performance and makes recommendations for correction where there are deficiencies.
· Interfaces and cooperates with department Managers to support group objectives in the areas of safety and health. Provides managers with all information requested to support performance against Group objectives.
· In conjunction with the director of safety negotiates the purchase of outside services and products needed to support annual goals, as well as, to meet regulatory requirements.
· Oversees the preparation and submittal of an annual budget for approval
· Works with operations management to develop solutions to safety problems, including engineering and policy solutions.
· Proposes incentive programs to executive, managerial and supervisory personnel that reward safety.
· Conducts regular safety audits of production, packaging, maintenance and distribution facilities.
· Interfaces with industry associations and safety professionals. Benchmarks safety performance with other industry safety professionals.
· Coordinates, and oversees the environmental safety program, and documentation.
· Oversees and implement the WC return to work program.
· Position requires at least a bachelor’s degree in industrial safety and hygiene or related field. A graduate degree would be preferred.
· Position requires at least five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in a basic industry, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
· Prior management and supervisory experience is also required.
· Bilingual preferred English/Spanish.
· Must have good presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with operations management at all levels. Must also be able to interface effectively with manufacturing team members.
Ruiz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ruiz offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Attn: Human Resources
501 South Alta Ave
Dinuba, CA 93618
FAX: (559) 591-1593
TITLE: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
DEPT: QUALITY ASSURANCE
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR QUALITY ASSURANCE
Primary responsibility for the quality and food safety compliance of all food manufactured within the given plant of responsibility. Serve as the primary contact for all regulatory concerns from the State, USDA/FSIS and FDA. Lead enforcement activity to support and maintain third party audit certifications and qualification. Support the programs to meet and exceed customer specification requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBLITIES:
· Lead the charge for BRC qualification or passing third party audit score-as defined in the goals
· Address USDA inquiries; respond to NR’s
· Conduct annual HACCP, Food Defense, GMP program reassessments
· Provide process reviews of new products/processes
· Provide program training material
· Support, lead and develop direct reports
· Investigate and respond to customer complaints
· Report on KPI’s within the department on an agreed frequency
· Understand the drivers of the KPI results
· Advise/respond to any identified risk in the operation
· Work cohesively with colleagues and regulators
· Provide timely disposition of products on hold
· Operate the department within budget and support operations improvement
· Ability to communicate well with all levels.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· AS400 and PRISM experience a plus.
· Must have knowledge of HACCP, GMP(s), SOP(s) and Food Safety Principles.
· Strong leadership and Management skills.
· Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Microbiology or related field of study; five 5 years of previous supervisory experience in a microbiology lab or QA food-processing environment.
· A minimum of 5 years managerial experience in a food manufacturing plant.
· Recent HACCP certification and/or training
· Familiarity with the Global Food Safety Initiative, either BRC or SQF
Ruiz offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site to learn more about the company at www.elmonterey.com
Ruiz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Del Monte Foods has an immediate opening at our Hanford Location – Human Resources Department. We are seeking an efficient, dependable, and experienced Human Resources Administrator. This is a high visibility position, in a fast paced environment, with primary responsibility for benefits and leave administration.
Successful candidate must have relevant experience, proven excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, to include, Word, Excel, and Access), and Human Resources information systems experience. Ideal candidate must also possess excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment a must.
Del Monte Foods offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please respond to www.delmontefoods.com/careers with your resume and salary expectations.
DEL MONTE FOODS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Family HealthCare Network is a private, non-profit community-based organization. We are the largest primary care organization in Tulare County. Become a part of our family and make Family HealthCare Network the start of a rewarding career:
Human Resources Generalist – Visalia, CA
Manages the employee health and welfare and retirement benefit programs. Manages employee leaves of absence and reasonable accommodation compliance by working with the HR Specialist. Manages job set up and employee compensation. Manages the Workers’ Compensation program by working with the HR Specialist. Manages HRIS including problem solving and training staff on the software and updates. Performs other duties as assigned.
Possesses specific advanced knowledge skills, including written and verbal communications skills, computational, computer and technical skills, and mathematical knowledge frequently acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree program with a recognized major. Performance of the duties and responsibilities of the job requires the equivalent of formal training in human resources, usually in the form of a major in Human Resources Management as part of a Bachelor’s Degree program. Employees must have a thorough understanding of the theory of the profession in order to determine “why” things are done. Keeps abreast of Human Resources laws and regulations on an ongoing basis. Ability to prepare more complex documents in Microsoft Word, including creating tables, charts, graphs and other elements. Ability to use Microsoft Excel to analyze data, including the use of formulas, functions, lookup tables and other standard spreadsheet elements. Ability to develop sophisticated presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint, including the use of embedded objects, transitions and other elements.
Please visit www.fhcn.org to apply and upload your resume.
Human Resource Analyst I/II
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.co.tulare.ca.us/hrd
FILING DEADLINE: Thursday, January 14, 2016.
SALARY RANGE: I: $3,750 - $4,571 Monthly
II: $4,525 - $5,514 Monthly
Current vacancy with the Human Resources and Development Department in Visalia. Position may be filled at the I or II level, depending on candidate qualifications. This recruitment will establish an employment list to fill current and future vacancies. The anticipated life of the list is six months.
Perform recruitment and selection activities including developing recruitment and testing materials, evaluating applicants, and administering, and scoring examinations; serves as a primary source for County staff and departments in employment matters including equal employment issues, classification and compensation issues, etc; assume primary responsibility for complex programs and projects, studies and surveys; provide technical assistance to County departments on personnel issues; assist in the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, policies, and priorities; interpret and apply personnel system rules, regulations, and ordinances; analyze findings, give recommendations, and write reports of practical solutions; respond to a variety of complaints and requests for information; conduct classification studies including obtaining and analyzing information and making recommendations; review current and new legislation regarding labor negotiations and recommend appropriate procedural/policy improvements and changes; develop and provide training; maintain records related to human resources functions; assists in investigations regarding employee misconduct; conduct local and statewide salary and benefit surveys; represent the department at job fairs and other social media outreach programs; research information, and prepare reports and correspondence; answer inquiries from various departments, employees and the public; may assist with discipline issues, processing grievances and related employee relations activities.
Education/Experience - Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities for the I Level would be a Bachelor’s degree in public, business or human resources administration, organizational development or closely related field. The II Level requires the education stated above and at least one year of experience in local government human resources/personnel administration. Human Resources professional certification highly desirable.
Knowledge of - Math to compute percentage in preparing salary surveys, test scores, and calculating benefits. Classification sufficient to understand relationships between classes, analyze employee positions and make recommendations; principles and practices of recruitment and selection; job related test construction; Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity principles and guidelines; job analysis techniques.
Skill/Ability to - Read and interpret complex legal and technical documents; proofread for errors; prepare clear, concise, grammatically correct reports, letters and memoranda; communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; define problems, research, collect and analyze information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations; coordinate work internally and with other departments; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other departments and the general public; use personal computers and spreadsheet/software programs; perform statistical analysis for test development and scoring purposes; prepare and make effective oral presentations; serve on committees; facilitate meetings.
12/28/15 Rect #16-001920;BME
Want to post a job on the Career Center?
Send us an e-mail with the following information:
Start/End date of posting
Link to the posting site
Recruiter's contact information