HR Manager - Kawneer/Alcoa
A global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, Alcoa innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world. Our technologies enhance transportation, from automotive and commercial transport to air and space travel, and improve industrial and consumer electronics products. We enable smart buildings, sustainable food and beverage packaging, high-performance defense vehicles across air, land and sea, deeper oil and gas drilling and more efficient power generation. We pioneered the aluminum industry over 125 years ago, and today, our approximately 59,000 people in 30 countries deliver value-add products made of titanium, nickel and aluminum, and produce best-in-class bauxite, alumina and primary aluminum products. For more information, visit www.alcoa.com, follow @Alcoa on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Alcoa and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Alcoa.
Alcoa's Kawneer North America business is the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Alcoa’s Global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
This role will support the Visalia, CA location and will assist HR department at Kawneer’s location in Lethbridge Canada.
Direct report to the Location Manager and dotted line reporting into the HR Director, BCS.
The HR Mnager responsibilities will require application of broad HR and California employment law knowledge as well as hands-on expertise with demonstrated results in several of the following functions/HR processes:
Development and implementation of tactics to execute HR strategies that achieve the overall business strategy.
Positive employee relations.
Strategic staffing recruitment, and talent management.
Training and development.
Change management and continuous improvement.
Effective strategic communications.
Organizational effectiveness and organizational development.
California employment law & Compliance issues such as EEO/AAP, FLSA and FMLA.
Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task a must.
Flexible working style, able to prioritize and adapt as unexpected projects arise.
Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
Knowledgeable on California Employment Law.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Human Resources/ Psychology from an accredited institution.
5 years of Human Resources experience.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
3+ years of experience in Management Role
1+ year of experience working in a manufacturing plant environment
Bi-lingual Spanish - Fluent
Job Type Experienced
Candidates can apply directly through this link https://sjobs.brassring.com/EN/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=759828&partnerid=16&siteid=56&type=search&JobReqLang=1&codes=INDEED
An Industry-Leading Food Company is Looking For:
Human Resources Manager
Reports to Plant Manager (190 person facility) (Dairy or Food)
Location is Visalia, CA, area
Start date is ASAP
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
VERY HIGH ENERGY INDIVIDUAL FOR ONE OF THE GREAT FOOD COMPANIES OF THE WORLD!
- Provide HR expertise and assistance to enhance and promote our culture and values. Proactively provide solutions to business issues while supporting the attainment of goals and objectives related to Human Resources, such as: help drive organization efficiency, manage change with a positive approach and assist with establishing Human Resources best practices. Communicate and demonstrate the company culture and foster positive employee relations. Contribute to team success by actively participating as a member of the team to move toward the completion of team goals while ensuring high-quality output.
- Promptly notify management of any issues affecting employees or compromising Company policies and expectations no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job by accurately checking processes and keeping “pulse” on employee environment. Participate with or assist supervisors and managers in employee coaching, disciplinary actions and investigations to assure fairness, consistency and adherence to Company policies. Act as a resource for all plant personnel on policies and procedures related to Human Resources and benefits. Conduct thorough investigations, consulting with Regional and Plant management with resulting outcomes and conclusion and provided feedback and/or corrective actions as necessary. Take positive action to resolve the conflict in a way that addresses the issue, dissipates the conflict and maintains the relationship. Use appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between people. Ensure legal compliance with all state and federal regulations in all areas of Human Resources (i.e. Compensation, benefits, Affirmative Action, recruitment, labor relations, etc). Interpret and apply company policies and practices consistently while considering the mutual best interests of the employee, management and Company.
- Oversee the internal job posting process for compliance and fairness purposes. Assist with external recruitment (creating ads, requesting background checks, screening applications, conducting interviews, maintaining logs, paperwork and ensure Affirmative Action compliance). Participate in the interview process and actively identify candidates that are a “good fit” for the organization. Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation with support of plant supervision and management. Review/revise job descriptions annually, when changes to job duties occur or when positions become vacant.
- Oversee the COBRA, FMLA/CFRA/STD process. Perform relative duties in the company’s HRIS and Kronos, maintain the Attendance Tracker system and the personnel files in accordance with retention requirements. Manage the annual open enrollment process. Assist employees with questions or problem resolution. Respond to requests for unemployment benefit/wage verifications. Proactively administer Workers’ Compensation claims to include claims reporting to the carrier; acting as a liaison between the employee, medical providers and the carrier; and ensuring status follow-up on claims by communicating appropriate information to managers and supervisors.
- Assist with safety duties as required such as assisting with incident investigations (ie. Root Cause Analysis (RCAs)) and participate in the plant’s safety committee meetings.
- Communicate and demonstrate the Company culture and foster positive employee relations. Lead change initiatives with a positive approach. Remain approachable and visible to employees at all times and assist as needed. Conduct plant walkthroughs regularly to be accessible to employees in the plant. Use good listening skills, feedback tools and follow-up to influence, coach and assist others. Coordinate/participate on plant committees to plan employee functions and activities (i.e. Picnics, holiday luncheons, etc.). Coordinate, promote and conduct employee meetings with plant management. Seek opportunities to develop collaborative working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of goals.
- Design, develop, and prepare presentation and training materials in order to rollout new/updated employee training programs, policies and recognition awards while consulting with Regional and Plant management to enhance employee growth and awareness of labor laws and Company expectations.
- Accomplish various administrative duties related to Human Resources such as maintaining organized personnel files with respect to record retention and filing guidelines and personal (HR) office.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned. Perform project work in all areas as required. Assist in internal and external audits of Human Resources processes.
- Values that align with our culture: Efficiency through Simplicity, Family Environment, Ownership and Commitment, Hands-on Approach, Passion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business or related field and a minimum of 5 years of Human Resources management experience in a dairy/food processing environment or the equivalent in training, experience and education. HR certification and/or SHRM membership preferred. Previous Health & Safety experience is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel & PowerPoint required along with previous HRIS/KRONOS experience.
- Detail oriented, organized, efficient, approachable, friendly, customer service-oriented.
- Professional, maintains confidentiality, energetic, team player, creative with initiative.
- Reliable, consistent attendance and available to work on all shifts, overtime or holidays as required to resolve issues and/or evaluate employee environment.
- Strong communication ability (i.e. verbal & written). Bilingual in Spanish is an asset.
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE AWARE OF THIS AD.....
Customer Service Representative - Insurance
NSE Insurance Agencies, Inc. – Exeter / Tulare, CA
Founded in 1912, NSE Insurance is a respected and established independent insurance agency providing commercial, farm, health and personal insurance solutions. From our offices in Exeter and Tulare, we serve businesses and families throughout our Central Valley. We take pride in knowing every day we are helping protect our clients.
Some great reasons to work at NSE…
- We operate as a professional team with a fun and friendly working environment
- Our company’s commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- We provide competitive salaries with holiday time and paid time off
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance and retirement plan
- Opportunities for professional growth
We are seeking enthusiastic and career driven individuals for multiple roles in our office:
Commercial Lines CSR
Personal Lines CSR
Life & Health CSR
Duties to include:
- Providing professional, prompt and friendly customer service. Including receiving incoming calls from clients and prospective clients, quoting new business, processing policy changes, billing, inquiries, accepting and processing payments, explaining current coverage, offering recommendations for coverage changes or additional lines of business following policy retention procedures and general policy service to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Our ideal employee for this position will have:
- Insurance experience, however this is not mandatory as we will train the right candidate
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and active listening
- Customer service background / experience
- A collaborative team oriented attitude
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, and decision-making skills
- A strong desire to learn with an ambitious outlook
If you would like to join our team please email your resume to Sienna Guerrero,email@example.com
Want to post a job?
Send us an e-mail with the following information:
Start/End date of posting
Link to the posting site
Recruiter's contact information